Become an Open CFML Foundation Project
Are you interested in becoming an officially sponsored project of the Open CFML Foundation? Read further to learn about what we can do for your project, and what our expectations are for projects and their development teams.
As the author of an Open CFML Foundation member project we expect that you will:
- Continue to do the great work you do in fostering the growth of CFML through your work on open source CFML projects.
- Place the Open CFML Foundation logo, a short description of the Open CFML Foundation, and a link to our web site on your project's web site and/or code repository.
- Help us educate people on the availability of open source CFML options. (You'd be surprised how many people, even current CFML users, aren't aware that the open source engines exist.)
- Help us promote the Open CFML Foundation in conference and user group presentations, and wherever else you can spread the word.
- Encourage other eligible open source applications to become Open CFML Foundation member applications.
- Promote CFML as a platform outside the usual channels. We preach to the choir plenty; now we need to help spread the word about the advantages of CFML far and wide.
- Share your ideas with us for promoting CFML and activities in which the Open CFML Foundation should be engaged.
In order to be a member project your project needs to meet a few simple criteria:
- The project must be made available under GPL, LGPL, Apache, or compatible free software/open source license. If you have any questions about licensing please get in touch with us.
- The project must be under active stewardship and development, and professionally supported.
What You Can Expect From Us
- We will promote your project by including it in the member application directory on the Open CFML Foundation web site (http://opencfmlfoundation.org).
- Opportunities to promote your project via the different channels the Open CFML Foundation provides such as success stories, social media, newsletters, conferences, etc.
Sound Good? Great!
If you'd like for your project to become an Open CFML Foundation member project, simply fill out the form below and we'll get the process started.