CFML is an incredibly powerful, rapid development language for web applications of all shapes and sizes, with a nearly twenty-year history of making difficult development tasks simple and nearly impossible ones downright trivial.
CFML will enable you to build web applications faster than ever before. With tags and functions for everything from accessing databases to communicating with web services to handling AJAX and JSON, the tools you need for modern web development are baked right in with CFML.
But don't let the development speed and productivity fool you: CFML is suitable for much more than prototypes. When your small application grows into a large one CFML will grow right along with you, and since it's based on the proven scalability and ubiquity of the Java platform, it's a great fit in nearly any environment.
Installing CFML on your workstation or server couldn't be easier. Here are some of the many installation options available:
- Ready-to-run environments built on Jetty that are started by running a simple script. No installation necessary!
- Click-through installers for all desktop and server platforms
- A cross-platform desktop environment, from which you can start and stop the CFML environment as well as generate WAR files for deployment (OpenBD)
- A full stack installation including Jetty, Apache, MySQL for Linux (OpenBD)
- Standard WAR files that can be deployed on any servlet container
Download an open source CFML Engine now and get started:
For beginners, CFML is:
- Easy to learn. Simple, powerful tags pack a ton of functionality into a single line.
- Familar. If you know a bit of HTML, you'll be productive with CFML tags in no time.
- Fun! You don't need to read reams of manuals to figure out simple things like how to query a database, so you can focus on the fun part of development: creating solutions.
For seasoned developers, CFML is:
- Powerful. CFML can handle your most demanding development tasks.
- Familiar. CFML tags are essentially much more powerful versions of Java Tag Libraries, and with CFML's ECMAScript-like syntax you'll feel right at home.
- Built on Java. If you have existing Java applications, CFML can provide a productivity layer on top of your existing Java infrastructure, seamlessly integrating and communicating with existing Java code. Additionally, CFML applications deploy exactly the same as any Java application so deployment to your existing Java servers is a snap.